I guess I can be upset about my situation for as long as I like, but in reality I'm the only person who can get me out of this funk. So I decided that I will need to start being responsible in taking charge for my life, my productivity at work and how I spend my spare time!
Pip over at Meet me at Mikes regularly likes to 'take stock' so I thought I'd try it out. I've tried to be positive and you can have a try too if you like! It's fun!
- Making : McCalls 8939 still. Though I'd really like to move onto my new shirt pattern (above)
- Cooking : Planning on making a big ol' leg of lamb for tomorrows Sunday Roast
- Drinking : Lots of tea - especially T2s French Earl Grey blend. Yummy!
- Reading: The Biba Experience. An encapsulating gigantic book on Biba from start to finish
- Wanting: This niggling little cough that I've had for 3 weeks to go away!
- Looking: For some new illustrations to go on our walls. My boyfriend has decided that my girly/animal/cute pictures will need to be switched out for something we both like
- Playing: An amazing iPhone game called Monument Valley. Its a beautiful game which uses geometry, surrealism and Escher-like castles to guide the character through places with some tricky bits thrown in. So much of it made me smile at its beauty and reminded me of my favourite book - Invisible Cities
- Deciding: On our meals for the next 2 weeks. Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow!
- Wishing: For more sewing time
- Enjoying: Sitting on my couch and catching up on blogs :)
- Waiting: For my new coffee machine to be delivered next weekend! Yay!
- Liking: Anything colourful, beautiful and happy. I need that more then the alternative right now
- Wondering: If I perhaps bought a few too many patterns recently...
- Loving: That its a long weekend! Thanks Queenie!
- Considering: My sewing projects and what I can make quickly in order to fill me with lots of warm and fuzzy feelings
- Watching: A history doco on SBS - Medieval lives - Birth, Marriage, Death
- Hoping: That I can get my shit together and do some more sewing soon!
- Marvelling: At how sweet and intelligent Elephants are
- Needing: A navy infinity scarf for winter
- Smelling: My new purfume - Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau du Fresh
- Wearing: My jim-jams and a snuggly hoodie
- Following: Lots of neat-o people on Pippit! Have you seen the cool new app? You can even add your own blog
- Noticing: All the new ways my body is moving and working after going to Yoga almost every Tuesday this year
- Knowing: That at some point this week I'm going to have to go back to the gym regularly after a cold induced hiatus
- Thinking: About all the different ways I can bring myself back to my old self
- Missing: Nicole - my silly faraway friend/sister-in-law-to-be-one-day
- Feeling: Quite run-down and exhausted
- Admiring: Everything this girl is making lately
- Sorting: Out various draws and cupboards in my house. Next is the sewing/technology/"other crap" draws
- Buying: 70s sewing patterns - get ready for some new instalments of Sewing the 70s!
- Getting: Tired of having a messy house! I think Monday will need to be a cleaning day
- Pondering: If perhaps I should skip the cleaning and sew instead...?
- Bookmarking: Macramé kits - My friend and I are keen to try out some Macramé hanging pot holders
- Disliking: Our Government. Enough said
- Opening: My mind to all the excellent and wonderful women out there who have achieved so much in the world but have been ignored because of their gender
- Giggling: At my cat. This morning as I was sitting on the couch checking my various social medias, my cat, who had been snoozing next to me quietly, suddenly woke up dramatically and launched himself vertically into the air and immediately down again and ran under the couch. I'm not sure what spooked him, but I laughed a lot and now have a scratch and bruise on my knee to remember it
- Snacking: Rye crackers from Ikea with goats cheese spread and salty tomato's
- Coveting: Everything from Gorman. Pity my pay-check only allows me to buy socks or shirts :(
- Helping: Myself to some more Terry's chocolate orange!
- Listening to: Van Morrison, The Fairport Convention and Jeff Buckley
You can try too if you like - just copy and paste. (But remember to put your own answers in of course!)
Thanks lovelies for taking the time to read!